Sunday 18 March 2018

xoxo

Hey Upper Eastsiders, Gossip Girl here.. oh no wait just Megan (getting a little carried away).



I like to write about things I know or love, this just happens to be both of those things, I mean the amount of times you've heard someone mention this show you're probably sick of it by now, but me? No I just love it more and more, without the risk of sounding sad. Some may see it as a cheesy programme for teens but i'll probably still be watching it in my late 20's and will definitely make my daughter watch it!

After watching several characters  that we all hate to love or love to hate (depending on who we're talking about here) for what feels like a life time, I feel like I could quote them word for word but it also makes it easier to point out from limb to limb, why I enjoy these characters so much. So here's my play by play.

IT Girl-
From first watch she's obviously the main focus and the easily adored blonde bombshell, although I agreed with this through the beginning and oh how I do still enjoy the ins and out of Serena VanderWoodsen, as time passed and the more I watch the series, the more she began to grate on me. Whether it be her arrogance or her ignorance to anyone but herself, something just doesn't quite sit right anymore. When she's good, she's good but her stubbornness can at times over shadow her humour and her kind, lively spirit.


Queen B-
A character I have grown to love the most, although she may have a sharp touch and a tad high maintenance, watching her grow changes your perception. indulging herself in schemes and missions shows the looser side to her, slightly more fun but still determined. we all know B has run her course round the triad of boys, but each relationship holds their own significance. Nate, her first love, her high school boyfriend and close long time friend. Dan, her other half (in many ways), her best friend, her savior and lastly Chuck, her partner in crime, her enemy, her love of her life and destiny.

Golden Boy- Although he makes bad decisions in the bedroom, hes a lot more intelligent than he lets on. He's full of humour, kindness and i definitely think he is underrated as people dont tend to take him seriously and take slight advantage. obviously as much as he is a lovely guy, he isn't bad to look at either!

Lonely Boy- Mr Gossip Girl himself, The brains behind the screen. I thinks its safe to say Dan goes through the biggest journey in the series. Lusting after a lovely blonde to pining over her brunette best friend, with a Georgina or two in between. Its quite clear his fate lies with S but a part of me hoped B would leave her past behind for Dan, they had their ups and downs but they just cant get enough (i just cant get enough!)and that showed as they were always there for each other and had this special connection that i dont think anyone else had, obviously Serena had a reason to be Jealous!

I'm Chuck Bass- The master of manipulation, the room full of girls. I've noticed that in the first two seasons he is full of advice for his best friend and soon to be step sister and brother, how ever after that he starts to grow up and gets more and more attached to work and very vacant. He goes through a lot of battles: his dad, Russel, Blair, his mum and uncle (which i have to say i find Jack very funny, especially towards the end.), loses a lot of people in his life and meets some interesting people along the way (can we talk about Eva?!) but there is one person that is reluctant to stay out of his life, no matter what...

There we have the main five, the reason you watch the series, the reason there was a show, played by the perfect actors/actresses. if i were to go through everyone i'd probs be here all day because theres so much to say about them all but lets leave it here. If you haven't watched Gossip Girl then where have you been and what do you do with your life?!? in all seriousness if you haven't then you should (and sorry for any spoilers) but if you have then you're probably reading this because you are just as obsessed a i am.

Thanks for reading.
Meg x
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Loved this post! I’ve got a secret obsession with GG that I try hard not to let out, haha. Thanks for sharing, enjoyed reading your views x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My obsession is anything but secret haha! X

      Delete
  2. I never saw gossip girl but it sounds like I should really start it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am obsessed with Gossip Girl and not afraid to say it! It's so weird how I hated Chuck at the start, especially the whole situation with Jenny... and then by the end I was actually in love with him. To the point I would just watch interviews of Ed westwick on Youtube and watch Chalet girl on repeat. Also, I was never sure about Dan being gossip girl, have you ever googled reasons why Dan couldn't be gossip girl.. its so interesting and I feel like they kinda just shoved it in the end as a plot twist but didnt think it through properly!

    Wow, that was a long comment.. once you start talking about GG you just cant stop hahah. Loved this post though hun x

    Carrie / Check out my blog: www.carried---away.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally could go on for hours! Felt the same about Chuck (after watching it six times I can't hate him now though) I always kind of knew it was going to ben danand I quite like the ending! But thats kinda what they did because they hadn't pick a gossip girl until near the end, so left it kinda open for whoever! Thankyou x

      Delete

© Megan Harley. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig